Thursday 24 February 2011

Talking Avatars



I've been using Voki characters with my students over the last few weeks and it's amazing how many skills they are learning. Each student created their avatar and some recorded their voices using a mic we found while rummaging around in the cupboards. We could only use one pc for creating the sound files so we had to be clever and saved the files then sent to each student by email. What a great extension activity just because we didn't have all the software needed!
All the students managed to embed their avatars in their blogs on the class Ning network.
I'm sure we'll be trying these again for No Smoking Day and World Read Aloud Day (Same day)


Some of our local tutors had a try at a workshop I ran and I'm sure they'll be making them again at home. How can you resist?

No comments:

Post a Comment